for more information
- the preparation of declarations of trust
- the preparation of statutory declarations
- Gifted deposits
- Dealing with second charges
Application for a grant of probate or letters of administration
We charge a fixed fee of 2% of the gross value of the estate (with a minimum charge of £1500.00 plus VAT) and disbursements a non exhaustive list of which is set out as follows:
Probate court fee: £273.00
Office copy of the grant: £1.50 per copy
Statutory advertisements: £90 to £350
Inheritance Tax is payable at a rate of 40% on the value of a deceased persons taxable estate to the extent that it exceeds £325,000 and subject to any applicable exemptions and reliefs
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Meet with you to discuss and advise on the terms of the Will or intestacy provisions
- Discuss the extent of the estate
- Write to financial institutions to obtain relevant information about the estate
- Submit statutory notices when required
- Draft the probate application and inheritance tax return where applicable.
- Submit the application to the probate registry
- Following receipt of probate, collect in the assets of the estate and discharge any liabilities.
- Prepare estate accounts
- Distribute the estate in accordance with the terms of the Will or intestacy rules.
Services not included in our fixed fee are as follows:
- Property sales or transfers
- Deeds of variations
- Any work relating to trusts where the deceased was a beneficiary at the date of death
- Financial advise is not provided by this firm
The administration of an average estate will usually be concluded within a period of 9 to 12 months.
Fee Earners / Supervisers: Graeme Skuse and John Potter
VAT is currently charged at 20%